Not happy with your current Medicare plan? You can switch to one of our 5-star plans today.
HealthPartners UnityPoint Health (PPO) Medicare Advantage plans go beyond what’s provided by Original Medicare alone, offering medical and prescription drug coverage with extra perks and benefits.
All of our HealthPartners UnityPoint Health plans received overall Medicare Star Ratings of 5 out of 5 for 2022 – the highest score possible. A 5-star rating reflects our commitment to great customer service and helping keep members healthy.
With our Medicare Advantage plans, you’ll get the access, benefits and affordability you need:
- A strong network of doctors and specialists – Our network includes UnityPoint Health, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Mercy – Cedar Rapids and more.
- Pay the same for care in network and out of network – You can see any provider that accepts Medicare. You’ll pay the same copays and coinsurance for covered services, whether your provider is in network or out of network.
- Premiums and copays as low as $0 – Monthly premiums and primary care copays as low as $0, and our low out-of-pocket maximum caps your spending each year.
Prescription drug coverage– Copays as low as $0 for Tier 1 preferred generic and Tier 2 generic prescription drugs, backed by our network of more than 57,000 pharmacies across the U.S.
- Dental allowance – Get a dental benefit allowance to use for preventive and comprehensive care. Use any dental provider you want with no deductible or waiting periods – your benefits are ready as soon as your
- Over-the-counter allowance – You’ll get a quarterly benefit allowance to spend on over-the-counter medical items, like common pain relievers, allergy medications, first-aid items and more.
- Hearing, vision and fitness – Plans include coverage for:
- Routine hearing exams and hearing aids through TruHearing®
- Annual benefit allowances for non-Medicare-covered prescription eyewear
- A gym membership and home fitness kits through SilverSneakers®, with many
fitness facilities close to home
- Benefits while traveling – Our plans include in-network coverage for up to nine months of the year when you travel inside the U.S. but outside of the plan’s service area. You’ll also have access to pre-travel consultations and worldwide emergency and urgent care coverage, with additional assistance available through
- 24/7 online care in Iowa – Members in Iowa have access to unlimited, no-cost visits to
Virtuwell. At Virtuwell, you can get a diagnosis, treatment plan and prescription for more than 60 common conditions – all online with no appointments, waiting rooms or video calls.
We designed our plans around what Iowa and Illinois residents need – and want – from Medicare. With outstanding customer service and plans full of benefits that matter, HealthPartners UnityPoint Health is by your side.
Align and Symmetry
- Black Hawk
- Jo Daviess
- Rock Island
With our HealthPartners UnityPoint Health plans, you’ll have access to major care systems throughout Iowa, western Illinois and central Illinois, including:
- UnityPoint Health
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- McFarland Clinic
- The Iowa Clinic
- Mercy – Cedar Rapids
- And more
In addition to our in-network providers, you can see any doctor who accepts Medicare. You’ll pay the same copays and coinsurance for covered services, whether they’re in network or out of network.
Many Medicare Advantage plans also include Part D prescription drug coverage. With a Medicare Advantage plan, you get the convenience of having all your Medicare coverage in one plan.
When you enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan, you will no longer receive Parts A and B coverage through Original Medicare. Instead, the company you purchase your Medicare Advantage plan from will administer those benefits along with any additional coverage the plan offers.
You must be enrolled in Original Medicare Parts A and B before you can enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Annual Enrollment Period: October 15 to December 7 – During Medicare’s
Annual Enrollment Period(AEP), you can enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan for the first time or switch to a different plan. You can also drop your plan and go back to Original Medicare. Coverage by any new plan starts on January 1 of the next year.
- Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period: January 1 to March 31 – If you’re enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan, you have an opportunity to change plans between January 1 and March 31 each year. You can switch to a different Medicare Advantage plan or go back to Original Medicare.
- Initial Enrollment Period: When you turn 65 – If you sign up for Original Medicare during your Initial Enrollment Period (IEP), you can enroll in a private Medicare plan any time after you’ve signed up for Original Medicare and are still in your IEP.
- Special Enrollment Period (SEP) – After certain events, such as moving or losing your current Medicare plan, you may qualify for an SEP that allows you to enroll in a different plan.
- Five-star Special Enrollment Period: December 8 to November 30 – If the plan you want to enroll in has a five-star rating, you can make a one-time switch from your current plan between December 8 and November 30.
Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system.
Other providers are available in our network.
Out-of-network/non-contracted providers are under no obligation to treat HealthPartners UnityPoint Health members, except in emergency situations. Please call our customer service number or see your Evidence of Coverage for more information, including the cost-sharing that applies to out-of-network services.
SilverSneakers is a registered trademark of Tivity Health, Inc. © 2022 Tivity Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
*Services are available only during the first 90 consecutive days that you’re away from your home. All arrangements must be made through Assist America.
All content ©2022 TruHearing, Inc. All Rights Reserved. TruHearing® is a registered trademark of TruHearing, Inc. All other trademarks, product names, and company names are the property of their respective owners.
Last updated August 2022